Saturday, April 29, 2006

All the News We Never Get

I know that there is a peace rally in process in Foley Square in NYC -- the end point of a march from Union Square. I know so from several email sources, including my faculty union. I thought I might tune in to see if I might spot a family member in the crowd a bit ago and discovered that there is absolutely no coverage either of the march or the rally -- only the usual sex and violence things on the TV news channels and re-runs on the C-Span channels. This is unhappily also in character with the NY Times which has given no reportage to this major NYC event in process -- perhaps tomorrow. Checking out their search function I found several mentions of anti-war rallies -- dated September and March 2005. Wow, all the news that's fit to print? Shame on you guys! I am sending blind copies of this to a number of you -- spare you public responses to what I am widely posting here. I expected a black out from the TV media, but why are you hiding such things from potential walkers -- it is healthy and our country is in deep trouble because you guys blew it and kept the facts from us when we could have avoided a disastrous war. Yuk!
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent 718-951-5324 (voice mail only) [blind copies]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PeaceEfforts
http://BlogByEdKent.blogspot.com/
http://www.bloggernews.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home