Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Talking to the Tax People -- Depressing!

For the first time in many decades I am going to have to do my taxes myself. I can understand why people hate taxes so, although I personally believe that there is no free lunch and what we do not pay for via taxes hits us from other directions, e.g. the medical corporations making out like bandits, banks not regulated, etc.

If one needs some phone numbers, one can eventually get through to people for info:

Federal 1-800-829-1040

NY 518-457-5181 or 1-800-225-5929

There are websites also.

To return to my main point, life would be far easier if we had single payer medicine. It costs far less and one does not have to worry about tax deductions for medical expenses, etc. All our comparable democratic/industrial nations get a far better deal than we do on such things.

And so it goes for 4/15/2010
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home