Thursday, November 11, 2010

U.S. Civil War -- Again!

I don't see much emerging from the recent election beyond civil wars -- Democrats versus Republicans and, perhaps, Republicans versus Tea Party.

There may be some positive outcomes -- our getting out of the Middle East which we have been trying to dominate.

There also may be some disasters here as well as in the Middle East -- mass killings of innocents. It looks as though we have had some near misses of late. And sooner or later terror will slip through. In the meantime our Constitutional protections are being riddled with security violations of ordinary privacy. I now and again send one of my critical posts to our local FBI. I don't know whether or not I am on some list to be monitored. I try to be completely open with my criticisms of things out of whack here.

Of what I am sure is that most reforms and supports for people in need here and abroad will be crippled. The current recession plus the weird election will ensure that. Those poor people in need who voted republican or not at all will soon realize that they have increased the suffering. What will families do when monies are cut off and they are evicted from their homes? I don't think that private charity can handle the load and without a caring relative one is ousted to the streets. I worry particularly about both children and the elderly who cannot care for themselves. Supposedly the wealthiest nation in the world, it looks as though we may also add the most suffering to our largest in the world percentage of imprisoned!

Buy a gun or learn to shoplift.

Some of my email colleagues accuse me of being anti American, anti Semitic, etc. I am in fact a retired legal philosopher with many sources not covered by our TV who is trying to tell it where we are going astray. Our national Apocalypse may not be far away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home