Thursday, January 07, 2010

Is Our Xmas Airplane Terrorist Still a Partisan of Al Qaeda?

I did a blog recently entitled "Cults -- Religious and Political" in which I suggested that Al Qaeda is really a political cult which in effect brain washes its members. A source cited in the blog noted that the three ways people get out of cults are:

1. by one's own decision,
2. through expulsion
3. through intervention (Exit counseling, deprogramming)

The reason that I mention this here is that our Xmas airplane terrorist is reported to be providing much valuable information presumably to our security people. I wonder whether his experience with Al Qaeda has persuaded him to disassociate himself from it? He must have had quite some time to contemplate on his long plane trip across the Atlantic and one wonders how determined was his effort to blow it and himself to hell?

I argued in my blog that the most effective way to cope with our terrorists is through persuasion. It is madness to kill oneself and innocent people for an ideology of such screwed up views of our fellow humans -- women, children, and all.

Incidentally I notice that Google is still holding my blog, "Richard Cheney -- America's Mass Murderer," at the top of the Richard Cheney subject heading: http://www.bloggernews.net/123420
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home