Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All Hell Is Breaking Loose

The only instance of suicide missions in my recollection were the Japanese Kamikaze planes which were made into flying bombs with the pilots locked in so that they had no alternative but to try to fly their planes into American warships. This struck us as inhumane madness.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze


But now wherever we turn suicide bombers are trying to kill masses of people -- many of them mere innocent civilians at a market of some such public place.

This is totally incomprehensible to me. I know that some people enjoy killing others, but they are more rare than most of us who care about others.

Is this the result of personal depression, the desire for revenge, or whatever else can so motivate people?

Iraq may fall apart with this killing game. Iran may be plotting it. I can understand Afghanistan where we are killing so many innocent people.

The droning game horrifies me and I think we should get out of there as soon as possible.

Where this will end I do not know. It is my main criticism of Obama.
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home