Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Voting for Bill Perkins and Eric Schneiderman

I finally put to use the walk and sit gizmo that one of my good daughters had gotten to get me out to the park, sun, and vitamin D to get to and from the voting arrangements at Riverside Church. Few were voting then and we had great help. We learned that it took the machines 45 minutes to operate after being turned on which may explain some of the troubles elsewhere.

I wanted to support particularly our good friend, Bill Perkins, and Eric Schneiderman. My son and I split on the alternatives to Charlie Rangel. It is so sad to see him now in trouble, having gotten to know him during his first (state) run as one of Ray Jones' (the "Harlem Fox") reform candidates. It looks as though Charlie did a solid job in office except for the most recent abuses -- even to assist City College:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_go_co/us_rangel_ethics


Personally I think he should quit now rather than bringing embarrassment to his party, but he will certainly win re-election from his loyal supporters.

I will quit now after my exhausting trip to vote. Hopefully others will get there and support good candidates.
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home