Sunday, February 27, 2011

Corportions, Unions with as Government Referee

Corporations, Unions, with Government as Referee

As a graduate student starting a dissertation, I discovered that the big three above should play balanced roles with the qualification that all three were largely run by decent people largely working in the public interest. How drastically things have changed with greed now running a country with millions in desperate need.

My first career choice for which I was awarded a B.D. degree qualifying me to practice theology from Union Theological Seminary with an exchange year at Oxford. But these very studies and faculty such as Reinhold Niebuhr persuaded me that the "social gospel" was not being promoted by by Billy Graham (and progeny) but rather being trumped by worse things now being replayed from the the past of Christianity -- wars, torture, burning people (witches/drones) including as well Muslims and Jews.

I would Google all this for you, but arthritis has reduced me to single finger typing. You can find if all there. Try the Children's Crusades, for example:
http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/children.html
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home