Monday, April 26, 2010

Religion Day in the U.S.???

The U.S. is supposed to have a Religion Day in the near future. As most claim the U.S. to be a 'Christian' country, such is a bit ironic as of all the Western religions Christianity has been the most murderous, prejudiced against others, and cruel -- torture, burning alive still seem to be popular with such as Cheney and too many others. We have a fourth of the world's prisoners in our jails. Poverty and wealth both are growing and dominating our economy.

I was once ready to go to war for my nation, but I am increasingly ashamed of its actions. The Iraq war which distracted attention from what could have been a restored Afghanistan where we are now once again killing innocents both on the ground and from on high.

The U.S. leadership has not caught on to the change from military to economic might which is now running our world. No jobs in the U.S.? China and other nations have stolen them away. The rich are either spared taxes or hide their wealth in other nations. Some people have a dozen homes or more while others are increasingly homeless, short of food and medical care.

I wonder whether we shall start burning witches again, i.e. homeless elderly ladies begging for help? Such would do what the Republicans seem to want with our budgets. Don't spend on those who most need help. I can't understand how we could have produced such a political party of 'NO' to all humane things. Reminds me of Mussolini's fascism.

Can Obama make a difference? I do not know. Do you?
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

1 Comments:

Blogger Belle said...

I agree with everything you said. I am an American living in Canada. When Bush went into Iraq I felt ashamed to be an American. I was so glad when Barak Obama was elected. I can see people expect too much from him. He inherited a huge mess from Bush. I think he is right to stay in Afganistan now because I believe if we leave the Taliban will just take over again. We need to help the people there to build a stable and prosperous nation.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home