Friday, May 21, 2010

Beware Manhattan Center for Pain Management!!!

One good thing that resulted from my recent hospitalization is that I have broken with the pain center where my family doctor had reluctantly sent me. I am now living in a different world. We have cut the dosage of medication so that I can now think clearly. The place was a horror to visit -- hours of waiting past appointments, no direct contact with doctors or way to contact them. etc., etc. I was threatened at the end with an $840,00 penalty for canceling an appointment that I had not made -- was merely told of by a woman who hung up before I could say that I could not make it and had left them. Her threat came in her call the next day.

They know that I am a blogger and I would imagine that some of this comment would get through. One doctor was helpful when my regular was not available. My doctor wanted me to see Ronny Hertz, but she was away that week.

Be careful where you get your medical care. My wife had the best. My recent experience in our local hospital saved my life. But it was a nut house. It is one of five, I gather, bought up for profit-making. All the good doctors that I know broke their ties and went elsewhere.

Manhattan Center for Pain Management

Since opening in 1992, the Manhattan Center for Pain Management at Roosevelt Hospital has improved the quality of life for thousands of individuals with acute and chronic pain. Directed by Ronny Hertz, MD, DDS, a board-certified anesthesiologist specializing in pain management, the center employs a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat a broad range of problems, including: abdominal pain, back pain, facial pain, neck pain, pelvic pain, arthritis pain, cancer pain, headaches, neuropathies, and shingles. Following an evaluation, we prepare an individualized treatment plan, which may involve a singular technique or a combination of methods to achieve optimal pain relief. These methods include, but are not limited to:

http://www.wehealny.org/services/pain/services.html

--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That’s great! I really enjoyed your blog throughout all the time I have spent on it! Thanks for sharing such an informative with us. I am really acknowledged by the content provided by you on this blog and I hope to see some more achievements from your blog that’s why I am going to bookmark it right now.
Pain Center Maryland

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home