Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Make Peace -- Not War

Some wars -- such as my citation of of Machiavelli/Livy below -- are justified. I was a child of WW2 and only regretted that I was too young to join it.

What one notices is that we tend to abuse these days those who can not defend themselves -- in addition to specific ethnic groups -- many from any group cannot get fair hearings -- don't send children or granny to second rates intuitions -- which most are.

As one of my classmates from many years ago made me aware, Americans are now abusing both millions of our children and elderly as well. As one 88, not 78, as he corrected me, I have had too many such experiences to take them lightly. I am haunted by arthritis, but as several doctors pointed out to me there is a field called "physical therapy" which can work wonders to mitigate the discomforts of arthritis.

Far more outrageous, however, have been several doctors who refused even to listen to my report of a condition -- numbness of a hand that I have had for years and which two teams of doctors diagnosed as relative minor, caused by a bone spur jamming a spinal nerve and only dangerous if one messed with the nerve. No way would they listen to me and insisted on a totally different set of nerve tests -- one had obviously been influenced by his boss's version and no way would they listen to me. Fortunately my family doctor got me to pros who recommended the physical therapy with its 3 years and more of training and which really helps!

I have had bad experiences with doctors before, but not with such arrogance!!!!

And then there of those drones with which we annihilate families, including wedding parties.!
--
"A war is just if there is no alternative, and the resort to arms is legitimate if they represent your last hope." (Livy cited by Machiavelli)
--
Ed Kent [blind copies]

1 Comments:

Blogger Bambinananda said...

More coffee dad ? :)... You are still 78 ... Not 68 or 88.

They are talking about the magnetic shift of north and south pole affecting our sense of time ... It certainly affects mine! That's for sure ...

I think you could get away w/ 68 looking so good as you do, or really impress your visitors by claiming 88 :)

I take it back ...

Say whatever you want. Create your universe! You're only as old as you feel! Or in another way ... Only as young ;) LOVE YOU!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home